Blogger Layouts

Friday, May 04, 2007

Testing Some Senses

Smell: when we first arrived I noticed how all the ladies smelled really great. Thanks to a neighbor's gift, I now have Oud: it's a distinct smell for Middle Easterns. The top unscrews and a little wand with the perfume on it can be used to put this lovely smelling formula behind my ears. It lasts for a long time, but I am a bit worried, because men use it too. I'm afraid Marcus is going to use it all up!
Taste/Smell: The Starbucks in the local mall does a really neat thing called a "Tasting." They do these to introduce people to their new releases, and we knew someone who told us how to get invited. They had an explanation and some samples of the new hot and cold coffees and breads. It was really a treat, and we got our names on the book to be called for the next one.
Taste: These are (small, bite-sized) Omani bananas. The taste is very delicious. We took this pic at the market/souq just before we made the purchase. I always have to eat one, before we get home :)