Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dinner and Dessert Experiments

So I was talking to my dad about a week ago and told him of my awesome find: corn meal (I did have to do some swapping of yellow to white, but thankfully a friend helped in that :). It was around his lunch time and our dinner time, so I asked him what I should make my husband for dinner; without hesitation he replied, “corn bread, friend potatoes and p-chops.” I did make dinner, but as y’all know, p-chops are NOT readily available here, so I sauteed some mushrooms instead. I know it’s a far cry from meat, but the two are about the same color. It was my first try at making the cornbread here, but I think it is going to work out well, as long as I can keep a supply of cornmeal.
I wanted to make some of my father-in-laws famous PB balls (notice the pic is small, so the exact ingredients and measurements cannot be totally identified). This is another recipe I am trying to perfect here. I think the extremely dry climate here is affecting recipes from home. We’ll keep trying, however, everyone who had one raved about the taste.